About Office President and Cabinet
Mandate and Core Business
The Office of the President and Cabinet (OPC) is responsible for providing advice and support to the President and Cabinet as well as providing oversight leadership in the Public Service.
A Public Service that is productive, professional, results oriented, affordable and highly motivated.
The Office of the President and Cabinet (OPC) derives its mandate from the Constitution of Malawi, the Public Service Act and other legal instruments in order to achieve the following:
- Provide advice to the President on policy matters
- Provide support to the Cabinet
- Ensure effective administration, change management and capacity development of the Public Service
- Provide strategic leadership in development of Government policies and programmes and ensure implementation through monitoring and evaluation
- Guide public entities in developing/formulating Government strategic priorities, practices and implementation of programmes.
Address: Office of the President and Cabinet, Capital Hill Circle, Private Bag 301, Capital City, Lilongwe 3, Malawi.
Telephone: +2651789311 / +2651789 411